Formerly known as Parent Partnership, Oldham. Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Information Advice and Support (IAS) Service is a FREE confidential, impartial and independent service operated by POINT Services.
Oldham SEND IAS Service exists to help parents and carers of children with additional needs and disabilities; and children and young people themselves, in matters relating to their Education, Health or Social Care provision.
Our support services are tailored to your individual needs and are both personal and confidential. We can offer you:
- Independent information about Special Needs Education.
- One-to-one advice and support.
- Details about how Special Education, Health and Social Care is organised.
- Advice about working with those involved with you, your child or young person.
- Information about local support networks.
- Access to Independent Parental Support for Parents, Carers and Young People 16+
- Support to arrange Mediation and Disagreement Resolution.
- Support with SEND Tribunal claims.
- Opportunities to improve and shape services through our SEND IAS Steering Group.
Our website is packed with useful information, guidance and practical tools to enable you to understand the processes and arrangements for Special Educational Needs and disability both locally and nationally so that you can make informed choices about the provision required to meet you own, or your child or young persons needs.
Just check out our contact us section for a variety of ways to get in touch or to book an appointment.
About UsAll you need to know about Oldham IAS Service
InformationLearn more about Special Educational Needs here
Independent SupportLocal support for parents and Young people when transferring to; or requesting EHC plans
Resolving DisagreementsUseful information about the process for resolving disagreements including SEND Tribunal
Local OfferWhat you need to know about the Local Offer
Useful LinksClick here to access lots of useful links to help you
Contact UsIt's easy to get in touch with Oldham IAS Service. Click here for more details